Traffic Police in Punjab has two main components under the current command & control structure. Traffic wardens with grayish blue uniform are performing traffic management in the five City districts i.e. Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan & Gujranwala and have been notified as Punjab Traffic Warden Service. Traffic Police Punjab with white shirt & blue trousers are performing duties in the remaining 31 districts.
- To ensure safety and provide help to road users in distress. It is our commitment to extend due respect to all road users, be fair and uphold ethical practices all the times.
- To ensure smooth flow of traffic with minimum resources and economical use of manpower / equipments.
- To gradually shift to the use of modern gadgetry to enforce traffic laws and regulate traffic.
- Educate general citizenry on war footing regarding traffic laws
- Unhindered flow of traffic with minimum deployment of manpower
- Gradually to shift to the use of modern gadgetry to regulate, control traffic and ensure effective enforcement of traffic laws